Every year over 100 courses are offered to students in the Spring for the upcoming school year. All students receive an email notifying them that the 2022-2023 Course Selection Book (which contains course descriptions) is available online. School counselors meet with all students in March to complete course requests for the upcoming year.
Course Drop/Add Policy
The following are the guidelines for course drop/add once the school year has begun (unless extenuating circumstances exist):
Drop: Up to 6 weeks into the course (please take into account the course add policy)
Add/Replace: No later than 3 weeks into the course. After 3 weeks, a student may only add a Study Hall or Teacher Aid for that semester.
In-Year Phase Changes
The following are the guidelines for phasing up/down during the school year (unless extenuating circumstances exist):
In-year phase changes must be decided and enacted by the end of the first marking period.
- Parents/Guardians and their student should review performance with the current teacher and discuss options before initiating rephasing.
- To initiate a discussion about phasing, a student, parent, teacher, or counselor should open a discussion among all stakeholders.
- All parties must come to a consensus before the student is moved.
Please Consider the Following:
- Grades earned in the current phase will follow student to the new phase.
- Students rephasing are responsible for essential course content missed when switching between classes and may need to work independently to complete assignments.
- Phasing is based on academic aptitude rather than academic performance.
- Phase changes in one course may require significant schedule changes.